Tuesday 7 May 2013

A very special album


Hello! Today I have a very special album to share with you!

Probably you've already guessed what makes it so special :). It's my sweet baby Alex! This is the first papercraft project I made for him and my very first boy project! So, no flowers and bows here :)

For this project I used papers and stickers from Eco Park Scoot collection (available at Paperlane) and very basic office stationery. Even though Scoot is not a baby collection, I really like how it turned out. The bright colours and the busy designs do reflect my boy's strong personality and I really see him in his true colours in this album!

I decided to make a project which will help me collect the pictures from Alex's first months and later on be able to see how he's changed over his first year. We do take photos of our children every day, but how often do we print them?

The album is divided in 12 pages - one for each month to 12. I used a very basic paper office file (bought for 0.75 fils!) which I cut and folded to form the album cover. Then I dressed it up with the papers which made it quite sturdy. After that I cut and folded the individual pages and attached them together using book rings. I kept the decoration very simple and let the photos speak for themselves.

Here's how the album looks inside:



The way I cut the 12x12 pages (6" x 12") allowed me to make two pages per sheet and when I folded them (7 1/2" x 4 1/2") I got pages able to hold at least 4 photos each. 


I used the small "flap" as a mini scrapbook page where I marked the month (using stickers from another Eco Park collection - For the Record 2).


The Scoot collection is too busy and bright, so I tried to keep everything inside the album as clean and simple as possible. A few stickers, a heart, banner or star. They did the job for me! And I must say I have never used so many stickers on a project before, but I did realize stickers are great - they save time and are super fun and easy to work with. I guess I'll be using them more often on my projects :).
 

Each page comes also with a journalling card where I will write the important milestones from Alex's development. Something that is really important to me!


Here come more pages:





Precious, isn't it? I am so glad I took the time to make this project and collect the photos!

I hope you enjoyed my take on the Scoot collection.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

No comments:

Post a Comment